Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" lift

Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" lift

So I decided to go with a rubicon express 2.5" with the monotubes....I installed them myself about 2 weeks ago...I was loving the difference at first...I could even tell from inside when I drove it! BUT....now I think I've gotten used to it...and it looks like I wanna go higher. Any suggestions to how I can make it higher without hurting the pocket(again) and compromising the ride? I've heard of people throwing spacers with a kit but I'd like to hear some opinions before I start taking things apart. Also I'm located in south fl so it's safe to say I won't be doing any hard flexing.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

Why mess with it if you like the ride now?

Do you have adjustable front lowers ? Track bar?
Once you hit the 3.5 mark things can get expensive quick.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Why mess with it if you like the ride now? Do you have adjustable front lowers ? Track bar? Once you hit the 3.5 mark things can get expensive quick.
Nothing adjustable....new lowers on the back and the rear oems on the front...I love the ride now just thought I could make it like a half inch higher...but you're absolutely right....why mess with it....I plan on going 35s...would they raise a little?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

More height with 'no' change in steering/handling? Body lift.

There are two threads stuck right to the top of this Modified area. If you have not opened them, they are worth spending a few minutes on.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
More height with 'no' change in steering/handling? Body lift. There are two threads stuck right to the top of this Modified area. If you have not opened them, they are worth spending a few minutes on.
Bout to go check em right now. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2016, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

I also have the RE 2.5 inch lift. I have 315s and right now it's a perfect combo. You can probably get away with a half inch cool spacer. I think you have a four door? I doubt you'd run into issues going another half inch but someone else may chime in with first hand knowledge.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ricon
I also have the RE 2.5 inch lift. I have 315s and right now it's a perfect combo. You can probably get away with a half inch cool spacer. I think you have a four door? I doubt you'd run into issues going another half inch but someone else may chime in with first hand knowledge.
Yeah I have a 4 dr. Im running stocks right now with rough country 1.5" spacers...I'm still debating on wheel sizes but definitely going 35s...did you tune your rig to the right tire settings and etc? I'm thinking to go with the AEV procal.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rugahrahj
Yeah I have a 4 dr. Im running stocks right now with rough country 1.5" spacers...I'm still debating on wheel sizes but definitely going 35s...did you tune your rig to the right tire settings and etc? I'm thinking to go with the AEV procal.

Affirm. I used the FlashPaq. Either one will do the trick. With wheel spacers and the 2.5 inch lift you should be good to go.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Affirm. I used the FlashPaq. Either one will do the trick. With wheel spacers and the 2.5 inch lift you should be good to go.
Thanks bro..Ima look into the flashpaq!
Old 04-06-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Flashpaq also gives you a little extra HP right?

Quick Reply: 2.5" lift