Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 inch lift gave me 4 inches of lift. Should I be concerned?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 inch lift gave me 4 inches of lift. Should I be concerned?

I installed a 2.5 inch Skyjacker lift today on my 2008 JKU. It actually gave me 4 inches of lift in the front and 3 in the back. I went with a 2.5 inch because I didn't want to so any major mods - control arms, drive shafts, etc. However, since I actually got 4 inches of lift, should I be worried about anything?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt1171
I installed a 2.5 inch Skyjacker lift today on my 2008 JKU. It actually gave me 4 inches of lift in the front and 3 in the back. I went with a 2.5 inch because I didn't want to so any major mods - control arms, drive shafts, etc. However, since I actually got 4 inches of lift, should I be worried about anything?
May not be too helpful for you but...Based on what I have been reading here, it really depends on what you will be doing with your Jeep and how much flexing will de done.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get new tires too?

The difference for the increase in the front vice rear is so that it should level out your jeep.

Also, most places assume you'll have heavier bumpers & winch too, so they want to make sure you'll get the 2.5" with that extra weight.

Check to make sure the front ds doesn't hit your exhaust pipe.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing happened to me with a rock krawler lift. I have some issues with bump steer. I did use the AEV brackets to get back to caster spec which helped some of the flighty steering issues. Probably going to look at different springs to bring down my amount of lift but it's livable for me. Have had it like this for about 5-6 months.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a winch on my factory bumper. It's Quadratec's new 9500i so it's a pretty beefy winch. Good thing I have it or I would have gotten even more lift. I did expect the front to get more lift than the rear to balance it out. I'll check the driveshaft. Most of my wheeling is on national forest roads so not a lot major articulation and little rock crawling. I don't have new tires... Yet!

Quick Reply: 2.5 inch lift gave me 4 inches of lift. Should I be concerned?