Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 inch lift with Aev Geometry correction Brackets.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 inch lift with Aev Geometry correction Brackets.

looking for input on install, ride, or issues with anyone who has 2.5 inches or less of lift with stock control arms with the aev control arm correction brackets.

thanks for the help jeepers
Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

I have the Rough Country ones which look identical from what I can tell. My buddy also did the AEV 2.5" lift with brackets. We love 'em.

He has a 2012 JK Sahara and I have a 2012 JKU Sahara. We both do almost everything that the medium to heavily modded TJs and YJs in our club do. We do not get "hung up" on the brackets. If anything I will need a new gas tank skid before my CA brackets rub. We DO NOT do a ton of rock pit crawling, but a lot of mud, and limestone pits and hill climbs.

Much cheaper than CAs, but eventually I will get the CAs (front and rear) when I go to a 3.5" lift.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

ill basically be running the same setup as you but budget spacers instead of the springs
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

I run 2.5" TF coil lift with AEV brackets.

On road handling is great, no complaints and I'd say it works better than stock.

Off road has been good. A little rubbin on the LCAs playing in the rocks.

My biggest complaint running this set up is that you don't get as much flex as you would running adjustable LCAs. I will be going to LCAs and getting rid of the brackets at some point. But it is a great solution if you are budget minded and do most of your driving on the road.

I have seen a couple rigs get hung up with the drop brackets while doing a car crush, but they held up okay.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

im in south florida, mud sand water and flat rock, i dont see my self getting hung up on anything but logs which are never to large
Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm happy with my setup. 2.5" AEV lift and the drop brackets. Much, much improved over stock for the on-road stuff. Have yet to try it off-road and am thinking I will be pleased.

A lot of the stock dive and roll is gone. The suspension rides stiffer but feels more composed than the stock setup.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

I am running the AEV drop brackets with the Teraflex 2.5" BB. I installed new take off 2013 Rubicon shocks at the same time. No problems, handles and drives great.

If you are on a budget, I think it is one of your best options.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
I am running the AEV drop brackets with the Teraflex 2.5" BB. I installed new take off 2013 Rubicon shocks at the same time. No problems, handles and drives great.

If you are on a budget, I think it is one of your best options.
Original driveshafts?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AirJordan613
Original driveshafts?
Yes, original shafts. Stock shafts are typically fine with a 2.5" lift height for 2007-2011 JK's. 2012 and newer may need to have an exhaust spacer.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by backwoodjk

Yes, original shafts. Stock shafts are typically fine with a 2.5" lift height for 2007-2011 JK's. 2012 and newer may need to have an exhaust spacer.
Nice! I'm looking into your same setup but maybe with the coils instead of pucks.

Quick Reply: 2.5 inch lift with Aev Geometry correction Brackets.