Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 inch AEV lift installation

Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 inch AEV lift installation

I am installing then AEV 2.5 inch lift on my 2007 JK. It had gone smooth as silk and now I am stuck on what should be the easiest part: sway bar end-link brackets. I installed the passenger side bracket no problem, my issue is that the drivers side bracket is 100%identical to the passenger side even though it seems that it should be a mirror image... In other words on the passenger side there is an "L" at the end of the bracket that points toward the inside of the vehicle. On the drivers side since the bracket is identical and not "mirror image" this "L" at the end of the bracket points to the outside of the vehicle. I think I could install it this way and connect everything up without any issues, it just seems odd to me and I can't figure out if AEV meant for it to be this way or if they sent me two brackets for the passenger side. Of course it is Saturday and Customer Support is closed. Has anyone experienced this??? Any Advice???
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have that same lift and you are correct, install it..It will work great and great choice on the lift I love mine.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't like the brackets. With them installed correctly (verified by picture with AEV) they didn't seem right to me. I moved the rear links to the front and installed longer rear links.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for the quick advice. Back to installing the lift tomorrow. I don't want to jinx it, but so far things are going very smooth. A walk in the park compared to a six inch lift that I out on my Cherokee about 10 years ago. It's sure nice not having to compress springs and cut all sorts of metal....
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

This bracket can be a problem. I had to grind off a good chunk of the bottom corner to clear the steering linkage.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I solved the bracket problem by installing quick disconnects instead. A pair of fixed links the right length would also work.

Too bad about the those brackets. Rest of the kit is great.

Quick Reply: 2.5 inch AEV lift installation