Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 Budget boost help

Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 Budget boost help

Hi guys im currently running the teraflex 2.5 budget boost on a 2012 jk 2 door with 35s. I like the set up but i would like to get a little more clearance without going too crazy. What would be a good upgrade? i would like new shocks and springs. Any input from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-03-2014, 02:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are happy with Teraflex they offer a 2.5" spring kit with shocks. Check around with the different vendors, sometimes they will offer this kit with different shocks and prices will vary.

| TeraFlex Suspensions

Good luck with your choice...it can be mind numbing with all the choices.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trim your fenders to get clearance. You'd still have to use the same amount of bump stop with a taller lift. You gain very little and potentially introduce other issues, ranging from caster to driveshafts.

If you have added some weight and the coils are sagging, pick up some stock coils with a higher spring rate.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'll check it out thanks. Im looking to add some new bumpers and im not sure how the budget boost would hold up. I guess it would be ok if I used heavier springs. Does anyone have any pics of a budget boost with 35s and flat flares?

Quick Reply: 2.5 Budget boost help