Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 budget boost...

Old 01-14-2016, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 budget boost...

So i raised my jku 2.5" and added shock extenders too. Somewhere in the im getting a squeak or rattle constently!! Im assuming its the spring?? Anyone have this issue and know of a quick fix or a fix for it??
Old 01-14-2016, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The noise can be the the shock extenders did it in my f250 that I lifted and I change the shocks to the right one and it went away

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 01-14-2016, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you loosen the control arms ? If you did, it is very important to re-torque them when the Jeep is back on the ground instead of while it's jacked up. It will make the bushings bind.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Im not quite sure what was loosened. What ever i had to do to lower the suspension to remove the coil and pit it all back. I added the extenders seems like it coming from the back driver side only.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Update!!! I think i solved the squeek!!! Seems that the rear spacer was cranked to tight???? I loosened it a little squeek stops!!! 👍🏻

Quick Reply: 2.5 budget boost...