Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" BB temporarily on stock wheels?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.5" BB temporarily on stock wheels?

OK, so here's my dilema. I ordered a Teraflex BB which I'm going to install myself. I also have new aftermarket wheels with 4.5" of backspacing and new 315 Duratracs to put on her. The wheels are in my living room and the tires are being delivered to the shop that is installing them sometime next week, hopefully.

So my question is can I go ahead and install the BB and safely drive on the street for a few days until I get the aftermarket wheels installed? Also, the shop is about 20mi away via highway. Can I drive it on the freeway like that? Or am I going to have to put the Jeep on 4 jack stands, take the stockers off, borrow a truck, take the stock wheels up (so they can get the TPMS junk off them) have the new tires/rims assembled, then come home and install them?

I tried searching but didn't find this question. I also tried asking Teraflex via their webform but it wouldn't accept the question and wouldn't say why. (*ahem* If you're reading Teraflex...might want to fix that. Just sayin.)

Thanks for your help! Jofo
Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your talking about running the stock 32's with the lift then yes. I've been running this way for a year and a half.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, that's what I was looking for. Thanks! Looks like I'm installing a lift for turkey day!
Old 11-25-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just flip your rear swaybar links to the inside of the mounts and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: 2.5" BB temporarily on stock wheels?