Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 BB problem

Old 05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 BB problem

has anyone flexed up the 2.5bb and had there brake line bent in half by the bolt on the rear sway bar ??
Old 05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

This problem has been discussed and it seems that there are a couple of ways to rectify it, one being the bending of the brake line out of harm's way, another to grind down the sway bar link bolt.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

yep.

With mine, I had the bolt mounted with the threads pointing in towards the frame, and thats what hooked my line.
I just pulled the bolt out and turned it around. I then took a 2.4 and gently straightened my brake line out again, then pushed it more flush against the frame.
Swaybar seems to ~just~ miss the brake line now.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default What is a 2.4?

Originally Posted by Rochiim
yep.

With mine, I had the bolt mounted with the threads pointing in towards the frame, and thats what hooked my line.
I just pulled the bolt out and turned it around. I then took a 2.4 and gently straightened my brake line out again, then pushed it more flush against the frame.
Swaybar seems to ~just~ miss the brake line now.
Sorry if they're stupid questions, but it's all new to me! What is a 2.4? And when you say "threads pointing in towards the frame", is this the opposite of the threaded end pointing towards the sides of the JK?
Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

my typo - I'll clear up my messed up post hehe
2.4 is supposed to be 2x4, as in the first hunk of wood I saw laying around lol
The bolt that goes through the upper part of the rear sway bar link, I installed it first with the threads of the bolt facing the frame and the head of the bolt towards the tire.
When I saw it hooked my brake line, I turned the bolt around.
Just make sure your wheels have enough backspacing so the bolt doesn't rub your tire. That would be even worse...

Quick Reply: 2.5 BB problem