Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" BB with Long Arm?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" BB with Long Arm?

I'm still learning about what I can and cannot due regarding suspension. Right now I have the 2.5" BB on and it works nicely. Can I keep all the components of this lift on and add a long arm suspension lift to it in the future? Also what other modifications would I need if I added Long arm suspension. I know new driveshafts but is that it? Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

no you would need new components to lift the jeep higher. most long arms are 3.5 inches or more. you would need new springs, both track bars, new shocks, steering stabilizer. you would also probably want to have a professional install the long arm kit. teraflex just came out with a new one and it runs about 4,000! check out the thread under project-jk.com that WOL wrote.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

what the hell do you need long arms for a 2.5 inch lift??
Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with that hight (2.5 + 3.5'') you'd also need a drop pitman arm to correct steering geom.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by excrider450
with that hight (2.5 + 3.5'') you'd also need a drop pitman arm to correct steering geom.
no you dont!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

The TF LA kit is $2600-ish (4")...not $4k as mentioned above....and I would say you could get away with doing a 2.5" spring lift with long arms....TF does make a 3" LA. It all depends on what your goals are. You might call and discuss it with TF.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepik
no you dont!!!
I think he meant with the 2.5"BB AND the 3.5" Long Arm Kit TOGETHER, you would need a drop pittman arm. Not to mention a whole slough of other things!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:30 AM
JK Newbie

dude you will only get the benefit of the long arms if you do extreme rockcrawling which I doubt you can do on a 2.5 in BB lift...save your money...
Old 03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate the help but you guys aren't understanding me. I have the TF 2.5" BB on right now. Which is more or less just a spacer (block of plastic above the spring). Can I keep that on with the shock extenders and the other hardware and add the entire Teraflex long arm suspension lift(either 4 or 6")? So my jeep woul be way the hell up there with a total of either 6.5 or 8.5 inches of lift. I don't see why I could not do this. Any help? I hope the explains my question a little better. Thanks

Would it effect the LA suspension lift in any way?
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Abesonite
I appreciate the help but you guys aren't understanding me. I have the TF 2.5" BB on right now. Which is more or less just a spacer (block of plastic above the spring). Can I keep that on with the shock extenders and the other hardware and add the entire Teraflex long arm suspension lift(either 4 or 6")? So my jeep woul be way the hell up there with a total of either 6.5 or 8.5 inches of lift. I don't see why I could not do this. Any help? I hope the explains my question a little better. Thanks

Would it effect the LA suspension lift in any way?
Hahahah, That makes more sense

I actually read a thread on here where a guy was using the BB pucks with a long arm kit. I'm not sure where it is though. I believe it was on a green Rubicon.

Quick Reply: 2.5" BB with Long Arm?