Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5'' bb lift shocks vs springs?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5'' bb lift shocks vs springs?

i have a ,12 4 door sport and want to put a 2.5 lift on it after i put my 33'' tires on. ive seen 3 types of budget boost kites. one with shocks and spacers and one with just springs, as well as the better ones with both. im sure the one with both is best, but whats the better one on the lesser two? im not doing the Rubicon ATM and drive it to work every day so im not going wild with her yet.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh forgot to say i do have a M.O.D front bumper and plan on getting a winch for it. so i was thinking the spring kit. unless the shock/spacers would work.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

If ur not planning to run larger tires than 33's a budget boost ( only spacers and shock adapters) is more than enough.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CPC1
If ur not planning to run larger tires than 33's a budget boost ( only spacers and shock adapters) is more than enough.
I've been researching this too and agree, but my only worry would be leveling it out once the OP puts that winch on the front which could cause the front to sag an inch or more.

Would he just need to modify the rear plastic spacers by chopping out some height or would he need to shim the front with additional spacers?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captaincalf
I've been researching this too and agree, but my only worry would be leveling it out once the OP puts that winch on the front which could cause the front to sag an inch or more.

Would he just need to modify the rear plastic spacers by chopping out some height or would he need to shim the front with additional spacers?
Most leveling kits come with a thicker spacer at the front in order to level the vehicle ( 0.75 rear 1.5 front or 1.5 rear 2.5 front)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captaincalf

this is the reason i was looking at a spring kit and a spacer kit. would the new springs keep this from happening or would it just be a waste of money

Quick Reply: 2.5'' bb lift shocks vs springs?