Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" BB fix

Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" BB fix

Hello, I just picked up my wifes 2012 unlimited sahara last night. We had the dealer install the 2.5" teraflex BB with 33" tires and new wheels. This Jeep thing is new to both of us but I was told there is something else we can buy and have installed that will make it handle a little better. Something to do with the rear sway bar if I remember correctly but I could be way off base. Any suggestion/ideas would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Probably a front trackbar. Only thing that lift doesn't have.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f272272
Hello, I just picked up my wifes 2012 unlimited sahara last night. We had the dealer install the 2.5" teraflex BB with 33" tires and new wheels. This Jeep thing is new to both of us but I was told there is something else we can buy and have installed that will make it handle a little better. Something to do with the rear sway bar if I remember correctly but I could be way off base. Any suggestion/ideas would be appreciated. Thank you
Can you explain handle better? I have this BB as well and the ride I'd quite well. Are you still running the stock shocks and coils?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Yes. It still has the stock shocks. Its not that the ride is horrible or anything. And I know alot of people are going to say its not a cadillac this is how its suppose to ride. I was just told when you install a lift that it can throw something with the suspension out of alignment so to speak and that there is a fix for it. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Front lower control arms will allow you to actually set your alignment and that will improve how it handles on the road.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

So the front lower control arms would be the first and most important next step I should take? This thing will never see any serious offroading. Its going to be a daily driver for my wife. Thank you
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

So the front lower control arms would be the first and most important next step I should take? This thing will never see any serious offroading. Its going to be a daily driver for my wife. Thank you
Buying a set of adjustable front lower control arms will give you the capability of setting the caster, which will improve the feeling of your steering wheel.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

I would probably go the less expensive way first, I.E. TF shocks and maybe different coils. Being that your using a BB, the spacers are going to give you a much diff (stiffer/flighty) ride than an actual coil lift. I thought the same as you in regards to handling and overall ride when I put my TF BB on. It's gonna take a little while to get use to it...
Old 08-21-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Front lower control arms will allow you to actually set your alignment and that will improve how it handles on the road.
Is this something you sell on your website? I checked it out and all I saw were trackbars. If they are listed could you please provide a link? Thank you
Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Is this something you sell on your website? I checked it out and all I saw were trackbars. If they are listed could you please provide a link? Thank you
PM him directly and he will help you. Great customer service and advice; stand up guy...

Quick Reply: 2.5" BB fix