Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which 2.5" BB
2.5" Tera Flex
75.00%
2.5" Rough Country
25.00%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2.5" Bb

Old 05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Add another vote for Teraflex.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2.5" Teraflex kit includes a new rear track bar bracket which is not included in the Rough Country kit. Nothing is included in either kit to address the front track bar. The rear trackbar bracket is available separately for $26 plus shipping.

It should be noted that spacers for the Rough Country are made of steel, while teraflex is plastic. Any other differences? No bump stops or sway bar link in the Rough Country?

Pricing:

Rough Country without shocks $139.95 + $26 = $165.95

Teraflex without shocks = $271.99 (quadratec)

Still a $106 difference? You could buy teraflex front sway bar disconnects for $99 and still have some beer money left over

Last edited by VictorS; 05-22-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flyer415
I just saw this in another post so I may call and change my order to the TF 2.5" BB without the coils.

JUST SAW ANOTHER THREAD TALKING ABOUT AN UPCOMING TF 2.5" HD THAT WILL HAVE COILS FRONT AND BACK. APPARENTLY NOT OUT YET, BUT MAYBE WORTH WAITING FOR. I HAVE THE 2.5 HD BUT MY RAKE IS ALMOST EVEN (VERY SLIGHTLY FORWARD - I USED A LEVEL ON THE DOOR WINDOW SILLS AND ON THE TUB WHEN I HAD THE TOP OFF). REGARDLESS, I WILL PROBABLY SWAP OUT THE REAR SPACERS FOR THE COILS WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE ( I WOULD ALSO LIKE JUST A TAD MORE FRONT RAKE). AS AN ADDITIONAL NOTE, THE FRONT COILS REMOVED A LOT OF THE NOSE DROOP DURING BRAKING FOUND ON THE STOCK SPRINGS. CHEERIO. - LIUDS
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a couple of email discussions with Mark, president of Teraflex, telling him about the reverse rake issues and sharing some pictures of it. I was going with the 2.5" HD kit. He suggested that I wait for the new 4 coil 2.5" kit coming out in June. here is the catalog entry for it. Mark was good enough to email it to me.

I decided to wait. Told him that if he made me first on the list that I would do a write-up here.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: 2.5" Bb