Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which 2.5" BB
2.5" Tera Flex
75.00%
2.5" Rough Country
25.00%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2.5" Bb

Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the TF HD 2.5" lift which includes the front coils. Did a lot of research just like you did and it got the best reviews, the most referrals and the better write-ups.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just saw this in another post so I may call and change my order to the TF 2.5" BB without the coils.

Originally Posted by VA_Rubi-Red
So far, I'm disappointed with the reverse rake (higher in front). I installed a LoD winch bumper and Warn 8000 winch (together total 150 lbs), then the TeraFlex 2.5" BB w/HD coils (no spacer up front, just coils). I'm hoping the coils "settle" a bit, but if they don't I'm losing them and replacing with spacers.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

The reverse rake is worse on a 2 door, I have a regular rake (back higher than front) with the standard TF kit with shocks and thought about adding a spacer or longer coils to the front to level it out, especially if I add a bumper.

Last edited by VINdecent; 05-12-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

I'll probably do the one without the coils. I saw Grant211's jk, looks AMAZING with just the Teraflex BB.....are the front spacers on the TF thicker {more inches} than the back....what are specs, or all the spacers the same height.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

All are same hight, so if you have a rake before you will have a rake after. You can leave the factory spacer in the rear out (which you are suppose to reuse) so the back isnt up as high. I left mine in with the kit but didnt realize the amount of rake until after the lift. Its not bad, but will only get worse with the addition of a bumper/winch. All depends on which front springs you have too since some are longer/stiffer than others.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

BTW here is my 08 Unlmited after the Teraflex BB with shocks.

The rake appears worse in the picture due to the driveway.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vinnyv13
All are same hight, so if you have a rake before you will have a rake after. You can leave the factory spacer in the rear out (which you are suppose to reuse) so the back isnt up as high. I left mine in with the kit but didnt realize the amount of rake until after the lift. Its not bad, but will only get worse with the addition of a bumper/winch. All depends on which front springs you have too since some are longer/stiffer than others.
Interesting....so with this kit, most people leave in the stock rear spacers? Some take it out, some leave it in?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the explaination.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Atrane21
Can you run the TF BB with stock shocks?
You CAN do many things, the question is, do you want to?

You see, if you use up 2.5" of your shock travel just to reach the ground, that leaves very little to droop further to follow the terrain...and you will tend to hang a tire suspended from a shock more often.

TF has a version with shock extendeders, which essentially lower the top mounting point to compensate...but, at the taller height, while a stock shock will reach...it will be valved a bit soft considering the higher roll center, etc.

So - You CAN, but, every thing will work BETTER with longer shocks with the correct valving.

Depending upon the type of wheeling you do, and/or want to try....the longer shocks are going to be more adept than the stock shocks with an extender.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

Another vote for TF, but I'm still early on in my research...

Quick Reply: 2.5" Bb