Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which 2.5" BB
2.5" Tera Flex
75.00%
2.5" Rough Country
25.00%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2.5" Bb

Old 05-11-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Bb

The Culmination of all my research and waivering has come to this. If I have the money and all things come together right. I'm gong to go with 2.5"BB and 35x12.50x20 tires.

If money doesn't come through I'll stick with 33x12.50x20....and roll stock suspension for a while.

But assuming all things work out great. I have searched the 35" tire thread and seen two I really love

Rough Country and Teraflex.

So debate away, which one is better. which KIT is more COMPLETE.....which one comes with more stuff that you would want to ensure a safe and smooth ride....aka trackbar relocation, bump stops, etc.....

either one I get, I will get the optional shocks that come with the respective packages....so please, please, help me decide.

I know, I'm probably the most frustrating member on this site, but I love to think about these things, makes me tooooo excited for my JK.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Go W/t Teraflex

Good Complete Kit
Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

For what you are asking, you do not need a poll...just a look at the parts list for each.

The TF comes with the things you asked for, the RC leaves much off, but charges less.

The REAL question perhaps, might be do you NEED the stuff RC left off, or are you ok with the driver side axle shifting one way, and the passenger side axle shifting the other way, a fraction of an inch, etc...or will that freak you out.

We have specs on the TF shock length, and the 2.5" BB and 4" SL use the same shocks.

We also know the RC 2.5" and 4" kits use the same 2.2 shocks, but have no specs for the 2.2's.

etc.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Arrow

x3 on the Teraflex, had eveything I needed, the TF9550 Shocks are real nice too. The directions leave alot to be desired but there are enough writeups on here to help it go smooth.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

What do you mean , driver and passenger axles shifting w/the rough country lift?
Old 05-12-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by porschebreath
What do you mean , driver and passenger axles shifting w/the rough country lift?

Its not the brand of lift, its the act of lifting....its the same for any lift of a given size on a JK.

The difference is that the TF kit includes compensation for it, and the RC kit doesn't.

When you raise the frame further from the axle....the track bar that connects the frame and axle is moved as well, as they are connected.

As the track bar is only connected to ONE END of the axle, when you pull on the OTHER END, by lifting the FRAME...it PULLS the axle over to the side that its attached to the frame.

As the front axle and rear axle are connected to their track bars at opposite ends (One P side/One D side...), it means the front axle goes one way, and the rear axle goes the other way.

To prevent that shift, you either get a longer, or adjustable track bar...so it reaches w/o pulling the axle over...or, get a bracket that attaches the old track bar to a new, higher or more inboard position, etc...so it will reach w/o pulling the axle over.

Hope that makes sense.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

I have always liked teraflex products...so that is who gets my vote.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

TF and the writeup here on Project-JK!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thoughts on the Rubicon Express BB?
Old 05-12-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by JK Dawg
Thoughts on the Rubicon Express BB?

Its a 2", not a 2.5" BB, and you'd be hi-jacking the thread.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Bb