Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 or 3.5" lift

Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lkjk
I have a question, probably best suited for RK since I will be getting one of their lifts, however anyone with advice is appreciated.

I will be going from stock km2s to 37s, made my mind up on that. I have a 1.25" body lift or whatever the exact height is, it was on it when i bought it.

I have no problems going flat fenders and probably will on my own anyway.

Do I NEED a 3.5" lift? as in, will there be more travel out of a 3.5 or just higher ride height? I have a JKUR btw....

I was thinking 3.5 but it would be cool to not buy a DS, although I want to buy something once and be done with it, I don't want to waste the money by upgrading later.
I have a 2.5 rk lift with 1.25 body lift trimmed fenders on 37's without any rubbing problems. I can't post a couple of pics if ya want
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob-o

I have a 2.5 rk lift with 1.25 body lift trimmed fenders on 37's without any rubbing problems. I can't post a couple of pics if ya want
What bumpstops lengths are you using. Also do you have a 4door or 2 door.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stubby bumper now and plan to run 305s on 16's (around 33.5 to 34) with a 2.5 inch lift. Should be no issues from the shop I talked to.

Quick Reply: 2.5 or 3.5" lift