Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2"-2.5" lift

Old 04-08-2015, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2sixR
Dirtman... I've got a '15 JKU Hard Rock with the steel bumpers, steel rock rails, 18/60 springs... was looking at the Teraflex Performance Leveling kit to get the factory rake out of the stance and run Duratrac 285/70r17's... asked Teraflex about it and they did not recommend this kit for the Hard Rock, said it was more geared for the Sport... my goal would be to get a level stance with just enough lift to run 33's (I've got 3.73 gears and don't know if that would be enough for 35's)... don't like the idea of pucks/spacers, would rather do this with new shocks (5100's or ARB Nitrocharger Sports), springs, and other bits required to do a proper install... I keep hearing how a lot of kits are not complete, I'm new to the Wrangler thing as a first time owner and am seeking direction from forum members like yourself who have a wealth of knowledge on the subject... are there any leveling kits out there that would work with a somewhat loaded up JKU Hard Rock, or would I be better of going with individual parts... thanks in advance.
with 33s just put a 3/4" spacer in the front and be done with it. Why mess with anything else?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Btw I have 35s with 3.73 and it's not that bad. Even if you decide to run 35s you could get away with an EVO leveling kit and flat fenders. Save your money, ride will be better than others, keep your warranty. if I started over with a JKUR-HR this would be a no brainier for me.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So mds22, all you have is 3/4" front spring spacers? I got a pair of 1" TeraFlex front spring spacers. I haven't put them on cus I keep second guessing my self on what to do. I'm now thinking of just putting them on for now and when more funds are available and wife is more on board, I'll get the right lift.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh. Do you have any pics you can post?
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You can definitely run a 33" tire on a leveling kit, You aren't going to gain any travel from a spacer but you will get a little more height to clear the new tires.

RK
Old 04-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A lot of people will (once they figure out the rear) run a RK rear spring with the 2" SPORT system.
On rebate now too.
Good luck in your search.
Matt

Originally Posted by 2012JWSU
Hi all.
I'm ready for a lift. Need input. Please. 2012 JKU sport. It's a DD. I'm planning on about 70% road 30% off-road trails. I'm in New England so deal with snow as well. I've been looking at the Rancho 2" kit w/9000 shocks, but not sure how I feel about the spring/spacer combo. Also looking at the TeraFlex and Rubicon Express. I've heard the TeraFlex kit sags a bit with time. Trying to stay under $700+/-
I want a coil kit with shocks.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:41 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I am really not sure what you plan to do with the jeep, if just to only run the bigger tires a simple 3/4" puck will remove the rake and give you more clearance. No reason to get new shocks. If you are planning on increasing articulation for off road use then some different coils, shocks, bumpstops, swaybar links would be recommended up to 2". More then that there is a bigger list of stuff to consider. The link at the bottom of my signature will give you an overview of the jeep components and what you may or may not need.
Good luck with the new jeep.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running 33s with a Leveling Kit and its fine. I'm jumping up to a 2.5" lift in the near future and will continue to run 33s. I'm also adding bumpers so I know the stock springs and leveling kit will not handle the additional weight. If you plan on adding weight, go to a 2.5", no more. That's the perfect height without opening a new door of mods. 33s look fine with a 2.5" lift and if you want to go up to 35s, you'll need to regear. That's my plan, regear once the 33s are worn and new tires are needed.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I am really not sure what you plan to do with the jeep, if just to only run the bigger tires a simple 3/4" puck will remove the rake and give you more clearance. No reason to get new shocks. If you are planning on increasing articulation for off road use then some different coils, shocks, bumpstops, swaybar links would be recommended up to 2". More then that there is a bigger list of stuff to consider. The link at the bottom of my signature will give you an overview of the jeep components and what you may or may not need.
Good luck with the new jeep.
thanks for the info Dirtman... I'll check your link out for more guidance... besides a daily driver, plan on using the JKU for overland expedition type use - fire roads, shallow stream crossings, rutted out dirt roads, etc... no rock crawling expected... I hate to spend money twice and like to do things right the first time... I'm finding out by reading the forums that it isn't so straight forward when it comes to doing it right... thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I put the Rancho 2" sport system with 9000's on my 2014 JKU Sahara last fall. I like the set up rides really nice. Just bought a set of Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 305 65r17's with Method 304 NV machined wheels. Can't wait to put them on.

Quick Reply: 2"-2.5" lift