Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

18/59's vs aftermarket springs -- 2-door JK.

Old 09-10-2024, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Guys, thank you! This has been very informative.

I thought for sure the 4-door springs would be heavier or stiffer than some of the popular aftermarket coils. It helps me to hear they're not.

The background - I'm running around in a primarily street driven lightweight 2-door. Came across some 18/59's locally for a price I couldn't pass up. I like to tinker, so I figured I'd toss them in to see what they were like... but was concerned about being over-sprung for the weight of my JK. If I heard that they were REALLY stiff compared to whats offered aftermarket, I'd probably bypass installing them altogether.

I've got a 14/15-55 combo under my JK now. Definitely has some dive, squat, and sway on the road. I'm always after better ride and bump handling... so I'm looking forward to trying these JKU springs out.
I know its been long, around 10 years now, but do you remember how it went with the 4dr springs on the 2dr, was it stiffer? I recently got 58's for the rear and they seem stiff but i've never had 55's on my 2dr to know and before i search the globe for a pair. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2024, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.. .

Last edited by Royters; 09-10-2024 at 12:04 PM. Reason: trying to delete this message

Quick Reply: 18/59's vs aftermarket springs -- 2-door JK.