Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

17" AEVs and 285 DuraTracs

Old 11-09-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17" AEVs and 285 DuraTracs

Good Morning,

I have a host of mods planned and I am trying not to make a mistake out of the gate.

First Mod: Wheels

Can I run a set of 285/70/17 Duratracs on AEV Pintler wheels in 17x8.5 (with +10mm offset) and not have any suspension issues? If I ran stock Rubicon tires on those wheels would it look like a "Stomper"?

Second Mod:

I am thinking about the AEV bumper, but read that it is almost 100 pounds. That seems a bit heave versus the 30 pound stock piece. Is the extra 70 pounds worth it, or should I be looking at something else? As of now I am probably not going to winch.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine! The pintlers are about 4.75" of back space and it would be a perfect setup for a stock rubicon. You might rub a little disconnected, but not that bad.

I ran 17x8 Mojave Teflons with the same tires on stock height and no problems at all!

Here is a picture of when I first got the tires/rims mounted and no lift:

Here it is again, but with a 2" BDS Budget Boost:

Last edited by IcyFridge; 11-09-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Your Jeep looks great! Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Red face

They will fit great and looke even better. Get a 3/4" spacer on the front to level it up when you get the new bumper.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Trappistmonk
Good Morning,

I have a host of mods planned and I am trying not to make a mistake out of the gate.

First Mod: Wheels

Can I run a set of 285/70/17 Duratracs on AEV Pintler wheels in 17x8.5 (with +10mm offset) and not have any suspension issues? If I ran stock Rubicon tires on those wheels would it look like a "Stomper"?

Second Mod:

I am thinking about the AEV bumper, but read that it is almost 100 pounds. That seems a bit heave versus the 30 pound stock piece. Is the extra 70 pounds worth it, or should I be looking at something else? As of now I am probably not going to winch.
It is going to look Soooo Good....

I can't wait to see the pics... I am going to be getting some new wheels and tires this coming spring and can't wait...

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
You should be fine! The pintlers are about 4.75" of back space and it would be a perfect setup for a stock rubicon. You might rub a little disconnected, but not that bad.

I ran 17x8 Mojave Teflons with the same tires on stock height and no problems at all!

Here is a picture of when I first got the tires/rims mounted and no lift:

Here it is again, but with a 2" BDS Budget Boost:
Great looking rig.

Originally Posted by reddragon
They will fit great and looke even better. Get a 3/4" spacer on the front to level it up when you get the new bumper.
reddragon, I think you need to post some pics of your rig also. Your avatar is WAY to small to enjoy.

Or I am just to old to see it that well.

Quick Reply: 17" AEVs and 285 DuraTracs