Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

16" vs 17" wheels?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16" vs 17" wheels?

Ready to pull the trigger on wheels and tires so looking for some advice/opinions...going with Goodyear Duratracs and Pro Comp 7069s. I'm leaning towards 16" rims cause I think more tire gives it a more aggressive look. However, the 285/75/16 Duratrac is only available as E-loaded where as the 285/75/17 Duratrac is D- loaded. I've heard if you run the E load at 35psi it should be ok- my JK is a daily driver and prob will only add a Mopar off-road bumper ( no winch) and the TF 1.5" coil leveling kit. So what do u think? Should I go with 16" wheels and tires???
Old 08-17-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

With that size tire I'd go with 15s, even more aggressive tread and its cheaper for tires and wheels
Old 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I was buying tires I dropped to 15" rims and 35's because of prices I was able to buy tires and rims for a 15" rim for the same price I was able to get the tires I wanted for 16" rims. Now I wanted plain steel rims something I didn't care if it would hit a rock. I guess the question is what do you do with your jeep what look do you want to go for? That is what you need to look into and answer yourself then decide. With 17" rims in the future it will be easier to find 37" and bigger tires if you ever wanted to from my searching experience.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks- but I'm really set on the Pro Comp 7069s and they only come in 16" and 17". Also, not really looking to do any more mods besides the coil lift and bumper. It's really more cosmetic than anything cause I don't do much off-roading and it's my daily driver. I just want to make sure my ride doesn't change too much with the 16" E loadtire Duratrac tire so wanted to see if anyone can provide their experience with them?

Quick Reply: 16" vs 17" wheels?