Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

15 inch rims on jk

Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

If you recall my Synergy tie rod did not work with my 15" Black rock vipers.
And what back spacing do you have on those wheels?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hijack but i'm also leaning toward 15s if they're not too much of a headache, have a couple more questions..

Originally Posted by karls
I've got 15x10's without issues and the options are really not as limited since the wheels sit out fairly far. As far as the bead goes......I've come down to 16psi (which isn't crazy low, but it is aired down) without losing a bead with 10.5" wide tires.
karls these are the kind of sizes i've got in mind... what rims are those exactly and what backspace? I'm also interested in how far out these bring your tyre past the stock guard?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 33 12.50r15 duratracs and love it. No problems what so ever. The only issue is I want to go to 37"s but I'm limited so leaning towards the super swampers m-16
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	502017  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nevillebartos
karls these are the kind of sizes i've got in mind... what rims are those exactly and what backspace? I'm also interested in how far out these bring your tyre past the stock guard?
They're a pro comp alloy wheel that isn't in production anymore and the backspace is 3.5 IIRC. They stick out a bit, but not as much as the picture makes it look like. The pictures depict about 1/2 of the tire sitting outside of the flare. 31x10.5 tires on 10" wheels, claws and km2's with the claws measuring a little wider than the km2's.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls
They're a pro comp alloy wheel that isn't in production anymore and the backspace is 3.5 IIRC. They stick out a bit, but not as much as the picture makes it look like. The pictures depict about 1/2 of the tire sitting outside of the flare. 31x10.5 tires on 10" wheels, claws and km2's with the claws measuring a little wider than the km2's.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

thanks for those pics mate... this state would have my jeep crushed with me in it for running a setup like that, back to the drawing board

Quick Reply: 15 inch rims on jk