Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

13 jkur another regear thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 jkur another regear thread

I have been searching through the threads and I am getting more confused whether to regear or not. My 3.6 has auto trans and is currently at 3.73. Currently have rock krawler 2.5 max travel waiting to be installed. I plan to run duratracs 315x70Rx17 on stock wheels, will use 1.5 spacers of course. I would also like to install some front and rear bumpers but I'm not sure if the added front/rear bumpers as well as the larger tires will significantly hinder performance. Should I wait on the bumpers until regeared? Plan to regear to 4.55. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have 3.73's so you will be fine for now. I would drive it for awhile and see what you think.

I have 3.73's and 35's and don't plan on regearing. I can still get 18mpg on the highway if the wind isn't too bad and I don't speed and everything I have read about going to 4.56 tells me I might gain some city driving performance but will suffer on the highway.

Bottom line, the 3.73 w/ the new engine and 35's is workable so try it out for awhile before you decide if you need to regear.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have aftermarket front and rear bumpers? I think the added weight may hinder performance? I'm looking to ordering me some poison spyder brawler bumper with trail stinger and poison spyder rear bumper with tire carrier. I vision the 35inch tires alone won't be too bad on 3.73 but maybe the added weight from the bumpers may require a regear?

Quick Reply: 13 jkur another regear thread