Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

13.50's

Old 05-20-2008, 03:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13.50's

can you mount up a 13.50 wide tire on a stock 17" moab wheel? or will it come poppin off quicker then it went on? I really like my stock wheels and the tires i want are 13.50 wide. thanx

Dan
Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not being a tire guy anymore, FWIW the stock rim is 7.5" I believe. While the tire may go on there, and even have a pretty decent bead for reduced tire pressure, your going to get a pretty rounded tire tread out of the deal. You could probably get away with a 12.5, but that extra inch may be too much. One of the more knowledgable guys could probably provide some better insight. My 2 c anyway.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

sorry, i guess that would be of some importants to have actually listed the tire. ............ 36x13.50/17 IROKS. I was gonna go with the 37x12.50 because it was only .1 of an inch bigger but its a radial. the bias looks more beefy and its alot lighter at only 66lbs. Thanx

Dan
Old 05-20-2008, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

There are people running those on 7" rims...but that's about the limit....with a 7.5" STOCK rim, you'd need 1.5" wheel spacer's to clear inboard components. and maybe a litttle adjustment to the turn stop bolts, as the taller tire swings in a larger arc as well, etc.

You will need to chalk test them to arrive at optimum road and trail pressures...the Bias IROKS are not street tires, so do not have high expectations for handling, etc...they are Squirrelly.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

cool, thank you for the help. as long as there no worse then the LTB's i ran on my TJ then we should be ok. how would you compare the IROK to the LTB on road?

Dan
Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CDN-OlllllllO-JK
cool, thank you for the help. as long as there no worse then the LTB's i ran on my TJ then we should be ok. how would you compare the IROK to the LTB on road?

Dan
Is a 3 legged pig race.

I like the LTB's better over all, esp considering the price and more aggressive lugs.