Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

12/13/14 TWO door Sports only. What do you have to help me build mine?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 on the ranchos plus two track bars or the relocation brackets.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do realize the only difference is the drivetrain on the newer JKs right... This makes things better for you going up in tire size. You can run 35s and not feel the pain like those of us with older JKs.

Get 35s and run them for awhile, then save up and get gears if you need it for your type of driving and offroading.

If you do wheel hard, Artec trusses, gussets are a great idea to keep the axle housing straight and don't cost much. Just have know a competent certified welder.

Headlights are a big issue, get something other than stock. OEM sucks, period.

If you don't go high and play in the rocks, get diff sliders front and rear. It's very easy to scrape the diff cover and cause a leak. Other skid plates are advised if you stay low and play in rocks.

At 3+" of light you should get a rear driveshaft and that means upper or lower control arms to adjust pinion angle. Even at 2.5" I'd check the pinion angle and if it's not looking good invest in control arms to fix it. The driveshaft will last longer. The front wont have any issues though, beside hitting the exhaust.

Look at RK lifts or Metal Cloak if you want full lift kits. Or if you just want height I'd get an RC budget boost kit. It'll get you to the same places a full lift does at a fraction of the cost. Metal spacers are better than poly I find.

You will need either adjustable track bars front & rear or brackets to center the axles after lifting.

For the front geometry I'd get the Rancho control arm drop brackets over the AEV brackets. They are a one piece design and better made.

We run the Rancho 9000s are they work great with the adjustability. Never tried the 5100s though.

Otherwise search the 1000 posts below as they all have the same info lol A JK is a JK no matter the year.

Last edited by otservice; 11-02-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I like duraracs like everyone else but what else compares. I need all types of conditions. Snow, rain, ice, mud but not in that order. I am looking for whatever is closest to 35" actual size but I still think I am going with duratracs.

Now alloy wheels 17" all black but what can I get for under 150 a wheel. Much under if possible. I want something that balances well , potentials MB TKO's, Level 8 tracker or V tech raptor. Anyone want to add something or tell me what is good or bad?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 12/13/14 TWO door Sports only. What do you have to help me build mine?