Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

'11 3.8L in a '07 wrangler

Old 04-27-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian
Sounds good, either the headers and the supercharger may just not be designed with enough of a safety factor left for a simultaneous application in terms of heat dissipation in the engine compartment. I believe the hood louvers are an affordable solution especially off road and in traffic jams.
there are some really neat hoods out there for heat dissipation
like the AEV, and some other brands
I,m saving my pennies for the one from AEV.
I,m not sure of what are the exact running temperatures below the hood either in a hot summer day
in a traffic jam, or climbing a small hill.
but for sure its too damn hot for a BBQ. LOL LOL
Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danny767
there are some really neat hoods out there for heat dissipation like the AEV, and some other brands I,m saving my pennies for the one from AEV. I,m not sure of what are the exact running temperatures below the hood either in a hot summer day in a traffic jam, or climbing a small hill. but for sure its too damn hot for a BBQ. LOL LOL
I looked at most of the heat reduction hoods that are on the market while at the vendor expo in Moab. I agree on the AEV one being the nicest ( IMO). Purchasing the Poison Spyder louvers was a function over form decision - at a 90% savings over a painted AEV hood.

Quick Reply: '11 3.8L in a '07 wrangler