Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

10th anniversary bumper / AEV Bumper touch ups

Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10th anniversary bumper / AEV Bumper touch ups

Hola,

Just traded in my 2010 wrangler for a 2015 and was able to get the dealer to throw in some 10th anniversary/rubicon x bumper takeoff in on the deal. The bumpers have some scuffs etc on them, and I am trying to figure out the most effective way to clean them up. Has anyone used the AEV rattle can touch up finish on their bumpers, does it blend in well? Trying to figure out the quickest/most cost effective solution.

Ty
Old 06-05-2015, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
Hola,

Just traded in my 2010 wrangler for a 2015 and was able to get the dealer to throw in some 10th anniversary/rubicon x bumper takeoff in on the deal. The bumpers have some scuffs etc on them, and I am trying to figure out the most effective way to clean them up. Has anyone used the AEV rattle can touch up finish on their bumpers, does it blend in well? Trying to figure out the quickest/most cost effective solution.

Ty

You could try some mothers back to black, I used that stuff on my side steps to get them to sell and it worked pretty good. You could also rattle can the who thing with liner go that route.

Post some pictures so we can see how much "scuff" were dealing with.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

I purchased used AEV bumpers and used the AEV spray paint to touch up and refinish them. The paint blended perfect and they came out looking new.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rustoleum makes a black matte textured spray that is a pretty good match for the 10A bumper finish. It's a little darker and more glossy when first applied, but fades to match after a week or so.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem. Couldn't find anything that matched enough to satisfy my OCD. Lol so I just removed it lightly sanded / self etching primer / rattle can bedliner. Looks 1000 times better than factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3134284651.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	704.2 KB
ID:	613927

Quick Reply: 10th anniversary bumper / AEV Bumper touch ups