Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

10k for suspension were to start?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k for suspension were to start?

Hi everyone I'm picking up my first jk 4 door this weekend. I'm new to the rock crawling world and jeeps for the most part so I'm looking for some advice. I'm looking to build this 4 door to be able to tackle mostly everything I trow at it while still being somewhat reliable. So first of all this will not be my dd. I have other vehicles I can drive while it's down. Second I'm patient and believe on the saying "do it once, do it right". On that note plans for the jeep include one finished an ls swap, 37-40" tires (haven't decided yet), pr44 front and built stock rear, custom cage and full coil-over suspension. So I know that's a big money pit list but I'll take my time and hopefully be done in a year or so. So to start off I'm just going to start stock pilling parts and install them as I can. I'm a very diy person and have good mechanic skills. Also have friends that are professional welders to help were welding is needed. So I was thinking of buying the double trow down front and rear dtd lever rear along with the high steer long arm setup from evo. I rear good things about them and I'm very attracted to this setup. Now for the first 10k is this the best way to go in regards to suspension? Or is there a better setup out there? I want to be able to cruise the ought the sand dunes while still be able to hit up some challenging rock trails. Thanks for the advice
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read this thoroughly https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/my-thoughts-lifts-288269/ Then see what questions you have.

I take no credit for that. The link makes it look like it's mine lol
Old 10-16-2013, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

You're gonna want more than a built stock 44 in the back. D60 if you are in fact doing 40s. There are plenty if nice cage kits available out there too, take a look around.

Looking forward to seeing some of your progress!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If you are going to throw an LS and run 37"+ tires you should be looking at least a full float dana 60 rear and a hybrid 44/60 front instead of the pro rock 44

A used ultra 4 may a better investment and would be more capable then building a jku for what you are planning.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 10-16-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heck yeah especially with a LS swap....that kinda torque with those big A$$ tires will blow that rear end(Stock 44) to pieces....
Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you are going to throw an LS and run 37"+ tires you should be looking at least a full float dana 60 rear and a hybrid 44/60 front instead of the pro rock 44

A used ultra 4 may a better investment and would be more capable then building a jku for what you are planning.
This is good advice right here
Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Tucks everyone for he replies. Ok so I'll start saving for the 60. Any recommendations on the best place to buy one at?

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman

How much is a new ultra 4? Is there a link to were I can get some more info for it? Thanks
Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B20forlife
Tucks everyone for he replies. Ok so I'll start saving for the 60. Any recommendations on the best place to buy one at?
Give DynaTrac a call....or message them...they are great at responding quickly
Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What dirt man said....
I'd do a good looking build functional on if and hit pirate4x4 classifieds for a ultra 4 or prerunner for ultra 4

Quick Reply: 10k for suspension were to start?