Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1 inch lift worth it?

Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aldaman,

That turned out nice. Great looking Jeep.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do the TF leveling kit
Old 12-29-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sped
aldaman,

That turned out nice. Great looking Jeep.
Thank you...
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

MY wife got me the pro-comp 1.75 spacer lift for my brithday (the shop guy talked her into it). You can not tell by looking at the body. The stock wheels in the wheel well will look a little small. And you will notice it when you get in, but you get used to that.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

I second the TF leveling kit. I personally do not care for body lifts, and this is a good suspension lift to do on a small budget. It will level your Jeep, give you a small lift, and not adversely affect any suspension geometry or require trackbar adjustments. If you don't have a rubicon model, you could also get a set of take off Rubicon springs from someone here on the forum and add those for an easy spring upgrade while you're at it. They may give a slight increase in lift as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

I have seen someone who out a 2.5 suspension lift with 35 12.50, it looked real good but then they came back added a 1 inch body lift and it looked even better.... Is that as simple as it sounds or do they need to do something else?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Body or suspension lift

Which one are you better off doing first? Also, that you know of, will doing a minor lift cancel any warranty?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shadowjag
Which one are you better off doing first? Also, that you know of, will doing a minor lift cancel any warranty?
Any modifications you do will not affect warranty UNLESS the damage or failure is a direct result of the modification.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks gentlemen for your assistance. I have had it for 4 mos and I am getting anxious to start the modifications.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

you will have far less warranty issues with a body lift than a suspension lift because you never touch the suspension. nobody can blame you for not tightening this back up or not adjusting that back to it's proper spec. it's simply a few body mount bolts and that's it. and any increase in suspension ride height WILL have SOME effect on the handling of the jeep, regardless of how insignificant. you will be changing the amount of front caster, regardless of how slight it may be, and that may be noticeable depending on how picky the driver is. plus, the suspension was engineered for it's specific components in the configuration you got them in. you change one thing, regardless of how small, it in some way affects other aspects of the suspension. the body lift leaves the suspension as it was designed to be aside from minimally raising the COG. if it's only for looks, especially without a tire size upgrade, then go with the body lift.

Quick Reply: 1 inch lift worth it?