Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1 inch lift worth it?

Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 inch lift worth it?

Has any one added the Daystar 1" lift to a stock 2009 2 door Sahara? Is it a little too much with out bigger tires?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just for looks I assume? I personally wouldn't waste the effort for anything less than 2.5" for the initial lift. Just my personal opinion.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Looks only at this time. I am currently overseas and do not intend to import bigger tires. I am only curious as to the look if I added the 1" lift. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Gotcha, I'd imagine it to be hardly noticeable, if you have a two jacks over there measure the ride height and jack it up 1". That'll tell ya what it looks like (jack the body up over the frame of course)
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Gotcha, I'd imagine it to be hardly noticeable, if you have a two jacks over there measure the ride height and jack it up 1". That'll tell ya what it looks like (jack the body up over the frame of course)
If you are going to seperate the body from the frame, you may as well throw the body lift in.
Another option is to throw some pucks on the front and rear springs... sort of a mini-budget boost. Or is that what the lift you are looking at is? You didn't specify if it was spring a 1" suspension or body lift. I think we assumed it was a body lift since it was only 1".
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by horwitzs
If you are going to seperate the body from the frame, you may as well throw the body lift in.
Another option is to throw some pucks on the front and rear springs... sort of a mini-budget boost. Or is that what the lift you are looking at is? You didn't specify if it was spring a 1" suspension or body lift. I think we assumed it was a body lift since it was only 1".
I meant to say don't jack it up from the axles actually
Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, if you only want 1" of lift I would go with a leveling kit which is generally just coil spacers. Quick simple and cheap.

If you want something will add a little height then the 2.5 TF coil lift is relatively inexpensive and quality hardware.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

i'd go with the body lift. you get a bit of lift and then if and when you decide to lift later, you'll have a clean slate to work off of as far as the suspension goes. there shouldn't be too much of a noticeable difference (meaning it shouldn't look weird at all). the way i see it, it's an inch of lift allowing for bigger tires that won't be lost if you buy a suspension kit down the road. better than doing a 2.5" coil lift only to be taking those coils off when you go with a 4" kit or whatever you decide on later.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Get the 1" pucks...

Then, when you get home, add some 2.5" springs, longer sway bar links,
adj. track bars and some 35's and you'll be set.
(Don't forget the bump stops)

I took my time, adding correct components along the way...
And I am very pleased w/ the outcome.

Frankenlifts are the best!
(Mine is 2.5" springs + 3/4" pucks)
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shadowjag
Has any one added the Daystar 1" lift to a stock 2009 2 door Sahara? Is it a little too much with out bigger tires?
Here's a few pics that I have running a 1" M.O.R.E. body lift..I chose this route because I wanted a little more clearance when I run my 33s....I will eventually run 35s (just waiting on delivery from NR4x4 for my 2.5" TeraFlex coil lift)...At the time it was a cheap mod that suited my needs when running the 33s...Now with the 2.5" suspension + 1" BL that combo will be perfect w/the 35s set-up without having to get additional parts as apposed to getting a 3" or more suspension lift...

BTW, I also added a front coil spacer to eliminate the factory rake...

Quick Reply: 1 inch lift worth it?