Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1 full inch of toe-OUT?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1 full inch of toe-OUT?

I was having some issues with mild death wobble. All of this started after a trip to the dealership. I had never had any issues before taking it in. I had the tires balanced and rotated and it seemed to work for a while but it came back. I got out my tape measure and holy sh*t! The toe-in was actually a toe-out! I had a full inch of toe out in the front end. I dialed it back in to with an 1/8th inch and it drives much better now. I guess things really can loosen up over time.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tundra had that...killed a set of Toyo MTs in 8k miles......my fault for not staying on on checking
Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey
My tundra had that...killed a set of Toyo MTs in 8k miles......my fault for not staying on on checking
My buddy's Ford did that with a brand new set of Nitto trail grapplers, lasted maybe 10k...

It's good tho that you found that problem, don't wanna drive around with a DW. I have been lucky to not personally have it but have been in several when it actually starts to do it...

Quick Reply: 1 full inch of toe-OUT?