Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" front coil spacer (puck) Help please...

Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Measure your jeep to see just how off it sits. I put a 1" puck in the front and it is still lower in the front than the back but is close enough to even. (And that is with stock bumpers)
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i acullay think you will love it with the puck, i installled the leveling kit witch is 2 inches in the front, i have a heavy winch and bumper and it really made the jeep look better!! you cant go wrong with this and the jeep still handles and rides the same.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Freak

ok done. i'm doing this tomorrow.. if i dont like it.. i'll take it off.
I'll keep you all posted. Thank you so so much. pics coming soon.
BTW do any of you have pics or know someone with pics of the 1" leveling spacer installed?

Thanks again
Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If u dont like it, install a 1/2 inch spacer in the rear instead of removing the front. The rear is no harder than the front. I installed andditional spacers front and rear along with rear coil correction wedges couple months ago in friends garage and we knocked it out in an hour front and rear. Once u have done it 3-5 times, u get fast at it.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EzK
Measure your jeep to see just how off it sits. I put a 1" puck in the front and it is still lower in the front than the back but is close enough to even. (And that is with stock bumpers)
x2 on this. Why don't you measure and see just how "out of level" you are? Use a tape measure to get the height from the ground over the center of each wheel up to the edge of the fender flare. Average the numbers you get for the front and rear, and see what you need.

I put in Mopar HD coils (19/60) and DayStar 3/4" spacers both front and rear, and now the rake is only .5" out of level. So if I added another 1" the Jeep would be overcorrected and--in my humble opinion--look like it's taking a dump.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Does anyone have pictures of 3/4" or better yet, 1" spacer front only.
I was thinking about the 1" and bought it because i figured most lifts (spacer lifts)
are off by 1" from the front and rear pucks..
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Default so...

I measured the front and back from the ground to the fender and the differance is actually a bit off from left to right... on a level surface... maybe the tire? not sure...
Anyways, it is a roughly 3/4" differance so i decided to go against the 1" at this time... if you or anyone you know have photos of a JKU with only a 1" puck in front please show me a photo so i can make up my mind before i lose it.. lol

Thank you all.

M
Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MotiCross
I measured the front and back from the ground to the fender and the differance is actually a bit off from left to right... on a level surface... maybe the tire? not sure...
Anyways, it is a roughly 3/4" differance so i decided to go against the 1" at this time... if you or anyone you know have photos of a JKU with only a 1" puck in front please show me a photo so i can make up my mind before i lose it.. lol

Thank you all.

M
Most all JKs I have seen have a lean, that seems like too much though. are your tires wearing evenly? I have over an inch of rake on mine with TF 2.5 coils with an aftermarket stubby and winch, about to add an 1 1/2 spacer to mine..shouldn't affect anything aside from level it out.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

i got my tires used and the back is much worst than the front. so i'm thinking once the new tires go on (2-3 month) it will be about an inch .. plus i havent done the allignment for the new tires since they were used and i got a great deal on them...
Old 05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MotiCross
i got my tires used and the back is much worst than the front. so i'm thinking once the new tires go on (2-3 month) it will be about an inch .. plus i havent done the allignment for the new tires since they were used and i got a great deal on them...
yep the gangsta lean is much more prevalent in the rear, but an inch seems to much to me. Yep, your toe is probably off which is causing the tires to wear unevenly. Dialing in your front end is easy: follow this write up

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Quick Reply: 1" front coil spacer (puck) Help please...