Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" coil spacer w/ RE 4.5 longarm?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1" coil spacer w/ RE 4.5 longarm?

Been seeing lots of 4 doors with 4.5 RE longarm and starting to think they may need a little more lift to fully stuff those 37's. Any negatives to running a 1" coil spacer with that setup? thoughts or opinions on that? Don't really want to do a body lift because it will create the bumper gap and also on the sliders.

thanks,
Ken
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think you need the spacer as i know many people fit 37s with 4 inches of lift. That being said the 4 wheel parts store in my area installed the RE 4.5 inch lift and 2 inch spacers on a four door with no problem. I also know a guy who replaced the springs with RE 7 inch springs. I my self ran 7 inch springs with the long arm kit from RE on my Cherokee with no problems. so go for it.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go for it. I have the 1 inch spacers and it works fine. On my 2 door, I actually got a total lift of 6.25" front and 5" in the rear with the spacer and RE lift. Just adjust the track bars, drag link, etc to compensate for the extra height. Make sure you install new CV driveshafts and that your shocks will not bottom out when fully extended.

If you are going to add bumpers, winches, tire carriers, etc. you should expect the coils to sag up to 1" depending on the wieght you add.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys.. yeah I have bumpers on thier way and plan on a front winch so I'm sure they will sag the springs a bit. Anyone have a good source for different sized coil spacers?

thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 11:11 PM
***erator

Rubicon express makes .75, 1.75 and 2.5 in. spacers.

Quick Reply: 1" coil spacer w/ RE 4.5 longarm?