Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1" body lift

Old 01-17-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1" body lift

what do i have to do in order to install a 1" body lift. are there any changes with the geometry like there is with a suspension lift? what kit would you recommend
Old 01-17-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I understand a body lift doesn't affect the geometry. To install it you have to loosen all the bolts and jack up one side of the jeep at a time, slip the spacers in, install the new bolts, but don't tighten until both sides of the jeep are resting on the new spacers. Not much too it really. WOL has a write up on Project-JK on how to do this. HE used the MORE body lift.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Heres a write up http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

a body lift is very simple. it has nothing to do with your suspension, so you don't have to worry about an alignment afterwards or anything like that. you won't need adjustable upper or lower control arms, new driveshafts, or extended bumpstops. a body lift simply gives you more room for larger tires (or more clearance for the tires you currently have). it will raise your center of gravity, but it won't be by too much if you stick with a 1"kit. the only real issue you may run into (if you even want to call it an issue) would be trimming the inner shift boot if you have a manual. it's really no big deal tho. as far as manufacturers, i'd go with either M.O.R.E. or Performance Accessories. i ran a 3" PA lift on my 97 Ram 1500 and had no issues at all for the 3 years i had it afterwards. the M.O.R.E. kit seems nice, and i think i may be going with that this spring when i do my body lift. i'm still kind of up in the air between the two companies tho. i think you'll be good either way. best of luck

Quick Reply: 1" body lift