Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.75 bb

Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.75 bb

I only want to put a small lift on my Rubicon to make up for the 1/2 inch of lost height on the front from the bumper and winch and get a little extra clearance. Plus I want to go to 33 inch tires when the originals wear out.

I also don't want to go to high as I tow a lot and do not want to raise my CG. What I have found is a Daystar 1.75 BB and I'm thinking this is just what I need.

I do a fair amount of wheeling at stock height with no issues so far which is another reason I see no need to go higher.

Has anyone out there used these small lifts and have any comments and or advice.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 1.75 bb

I am going to put this daystar 1.75 bb next weekend. I too run mtz's 33x12.5x17 and had some rubbing when disconnected on my fenders. I already put on a m.o.r.e 1" body lift and this should be good enough, even for 35's
Old 11-01-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have anyexperience with the daystar 1.75, but I installed the Teraflex Leveling kit (2" front 1" back) and I think it's perfect.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

I don't know what size spacers the Daystar lift comes with, but your front end will probably still sag because of your bumper and winch, even after you install this lift. You will need an extra tall front spacer to compensate for the sag. Keep in mind this sag is causing compression on your front springs, which does affect on/off road performance. You may want to consider replacing your stock springs with new, taller ones, especially if you have an "X" or Sahara model, because these springs are not as heavy duty as the Rubicon springs.

I had a Teraflex 2.5" BB, but added winch and bumpers and had to replace the front 2.5" spacers with Teraflex 3" coils to compensate for the weight on the front end. It sits perfectly now.

Last edited by JK Rocker; 11-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK Rocker
I don't know what size spacers the Daystar lift comes with, but your front end will probably still sag because of your bumper and winch, even after you install this lift. You will need an extra tall front spacer to compensate for the sag. Keep in mind this sag is causing compression on your front springs, which does affect on/off road performance. You may want to consider replacing your stock springs with new, taller ones, especially if you have an "X" or Sahara model, because these springs are not as heavy duty as the Rubicon springs.

I had a Teraflex 2.5" BB, but added winch and bumpers and had to replace the front 2.5" spacers with Teraflex 3" coils to compensate for the weight on the front end. It sits perfectly now.
I agree.....call David at Northridge and tell him what you have and what you want...