Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.5" wheel spacers question

Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5" wheel spacers question

so I am going to install a TF 2.5" BB. i have heard if you use the stock rims/tires you dont have to get spacers if you just reverse the rear links? if that is true, that will be great as I cant put new rims/tires on for another 6 months or so.

if I do by wheel spacers to make my stance a little wider, can i still use the spacers later with aftermarket wheels or will this make the stance too wide? i would want to add soft 8s in the future.

thanks!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel ya, man....

Spacers and aftermarket wheels (most come w/ 4.5" bs) will stick out wat too far.
I dont know about reversing the rear links.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

PM sent....
Old 02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
JK Freak

Reversing the rear links?
The track bar links?
What would reversing them do and how would that effect the wheel spacing?

Maybe it's me, but this doesnt make sense.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 AM
JK Freak

depending on how wide the tires are. A 12.5 on a stock rim rubbed on mine. I ended up using wheel spacers. With a new rim you can get the right back spacing, then sell your spacers.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

What size tire are you planning on running? not sure how the trac links will keep the outer diameter or the tire from rubbing I have to look under the Heep to see if they are closer to the tire than my TJs.... to answer your question about spacers you can run them with aftermarket wheels but there will be no need. I would just sell the spacers when you get new wheels
Old 02-28-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 35x12.5x17 on the stock wheels. If you run the stock wheels without spacers they will rub. I like the look of the stock wheels so I used a set of Rough Country 1.5" spacers, very easy to install, stance is great. If you end up buying a new set of wheels down the road, purchase a set with the correct back spacing built into the wheel, you will not need additional spacers.

check here; https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...077#post974077
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I could not fit the TF BB with stock wheels in ANY configuration when putting on the longer swaybar links.

I did the BB and just swapped the links out after the spacers arrived and where put on.

Quick Reply: 1.5" wheel spacers question