Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1 3/4" toed out

Old 12-07-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Assuming the OP can read a tape measure he can set it himself and doesn't need a warranty from me or anyone else. A solid axle rig is pretty butthead simple to align, we're not setting up a Porsche 911 here. Numerous videos online to show him how. BTW, toe in is NOT a negative number. FSM toe spec for JK is +.17 to +.23 degrees. That's about 1/16" to 1/8" toe in.
Whatever you say. The OP wouldn't be posting if something wasn't wrong. Either there is a mechanical issue or he is having issues with the measurement. Either way, it's appropriate for him to seek help - not encourage him that it's an easy driveway measurement and keep at it. Congrats that you can measure toe-in. I'll send you my 4 link calculator and you can advise me on my anti-squat, understeer, and instant center. I assume a smart guy like you can set up a simple double triangulated 4 link rear suspension?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Assuming the OP can read a tape measure he can set it himself and doesn't need a warranty from me or anyone else. A solid axle rig is pretty butthead simple to align, we're not setting up a Porsche 911 here. Numerous videos online to show him how.

BTW, toe in is NOT a negative number. FSM toe spec for JK is +.17 to +.23 degrees. That's about 1/16" to 1/8" toe in.
I would have to agree with you, I did everything on my alignment myself in my driveway with a tape measure, had help holding the tape on opposite tire. My tires are new and have like a rubber casting that goes the diameter of the tire so I just went off that from front to back to set my 1/8" toe in. Used that same line on tire to center my axle under jeep. I may go to a shop who does free alignment check just to see if I'm off but not in a hurry.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Whatever you say. The OP wouldn't be posting if something wasn't wrong. Either there is a mechanical issue or he is having issues with the measurement. Either way, it's appropriate for him to seek help - not encourage him that it's an easy driveway measurement and keep at it. Congrats that you can measure toe-in. I'll send you my 4 link calculator and you can advise me on my anti-squat, understeer, and instant center. I assume a smart guy like you can set up a simple double triangulated 4 link rear suspension?
I assume you have a penchant for over complicating things. Bye bye.

Quick Reply: 1 3/4" toed out