Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

1.25" Body lift installed on 6 speed J/k 4 door - transmission shift is goofy now..??

Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.25" Body lift installed on 6 speed J/k 4 door - transmission shift is goofy now..??

The kit came with a little extender piece that i watched the guys install.... i think it is getting bunched up with the shift boot and now it doesn't even stay in gear in a more than 1 gear.... and it is harder to get into the same gears.... anyone have any experience with this? is it possible they installed the little extender piece backwards or in some way that gets bunched up with the rubber shift boot?

i figured with just a 1.25" lift i would not have any issues but i am a noob...

thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Take a look

Diagnostics are easier if you can get in there and look. Everything is straight forward under there. Print of RC's instructions go pull the outer shift boot by pulling up on the rear of the boot, there is a retainer clip on both sides at the back and then just slide the boot towards the back seat. Now remove the inner boot dont quite remember how that one comes out though but I dont remember fighting it on the removal. Make sure everything looks similar to the instructions if so try to simulate the issue while you can see in there.

I have this kit and my issue was the outer shift boot. It was stretched and tight in first, third and fifth gear. I believe I have fixed this with a custom shift boot but can't prove this yet as I dont run the Jeep in the winter.

But yeah get in there have a look and post up pics or more questions after you have scoped it out. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

bump

still running wuth no shift boot... do i need to trim stuff??? thx
Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If worse comes to worse, you will have to trim the inner shift boot. However, most people that run the shift adapter don't have any issues unless it is cold out.

Quick Reply: 1.25" Body lift installed on 6 speed J/k 4 door - transmission shift is goofy now..??