Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

is -1.1* Camber OK?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is -1.1* Camber OK?

hi all - posting a 2nd message to ask about a different measurement, but the alignment shop says my camber is at -1.1* on the front left, within spec on the front right. It looks like I would need to get adjustable ball joints to fix that, but I am wondering how much off that really is - is it a lot? (Spec max is -.6*) It doesn't pull or anything, so mainly worried about tire wear.

Also, I read that this may be caused by a bent "C", but don't know what that is - anyone care to enlighten me, please? (Searching for "c" comes back with a lot of results... )

Thanks in advance for the help!

-randy
Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Look at the end of the front axle, behind the tire/brake. You will see a narrow piece of metal curving up and toward the tire (upper C) and down and toward the tire (lower C). If it is already bent, not much you can do other than add gussets to keep it from bending further. (and keep the other one from bending)

Some people have indicated out of spec camber straight from the dealer lot. Rotate the tires at frequent intervals and keep an eye on tread wear, but don't stress about that number.

This is from Poly's website, it shows the C (black) with upper and lower gussets (gray) in place, but not welded yet..

Click image for larger version

Name:	8012-02-KIT-D-400.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	510771
The green thing is the lower balljoint, the empty hole up top is where the upper balljoint goes.

Last edited by nthinuf; 11-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you very much - that helps, and the gussets sound like a great idea!

Quick Reply: is -1.1* Camber OK?