Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

09 wrangler JK noise in rear wheel

Old 12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 wrangler JK noise in rear wheel

Hey all - new to the forum and in need of some guidance.Got a couple of questions actually... I noticed a few other threads which reported similar issue but seems to vary from the sound I am experiencing. . .
1. So a metallic variable sound (although happening more than not) is coming from my rear drivers side hub. The sound ceases when I break halfway, otherwise, does not matter if I am in gear or not, clutch engaged or not (standard 6 speed). I took the wheel off and turning the hub can hear a slight metallic sound but unsure where it is located in the hub. Could this be breaks like a rock stuck (35,000 miles) or a wheel bearing?? I never heard this sound on any vehicle before.

2. When I purchased the Jeep last year, it had 26000 miles on it. And quickly learned the throttle was sticking and the RPMS drop extremely slow. After 7 times to the dealer under warranty (which is now expired), they figured out the compression sensor had gone bad which fixed the sticking RPMS. But the RPMS continue to decline too slowly. The dealer sates "that's how it is designed" by their STARS from corporate. I don't buy it. It is burning my clutch and compromising my gas mileage, not to mention a pain in the ass for 4X4.

Any and all guidance would be helpful! Thanks All!

Quick Reply: 09 wrangler JK noise in rear wheel