Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

09 jk 3 inch lift ??????

Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 jk 3 inch lift ??????

ok guys and girls,,,,, got an 09 jk, with 33's and a teraflex 2.5 budget boost with tera shocks,,,,, plan on getting a set of 3 inch BDS springs to replace the budget boost pucks,,,,,, will i need to do anything else or just change out the springs??????? thanks for any help.....
Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The FAQ's are usually a good place to start.

This one:
Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 3" lift?

And perhaps this one:
Q: What is Caster? How much do I need?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rock Krawler Coils

Sir

If you get a chance, check out our coils and parts. JK Forum members get a discount as well.

Rock Krawler
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

next question,,,,, will an adjustable track bar on the front be worth the money? and with a 4 door will i need to do anything about the caster on the front,,,,, will i need adj. upper arms?
thanks again
Old 01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used the Zone Offroad 3", which I hear is made by the same people that make the BDS, but cost less(not lifetime warr. like BDS). I just used the basic kit with no extras, worked great.

I originally ordered the new front track bar, but it was back ordered so I put in the lift without it. The centering was off by less than 1/4" if any at all, so I cancelled the track bar order.
Also, I did not use the control arm relocation spacers because they require a mod to the mount that can not be reversed.

The only issue I have had with the lift is that on an extreme off road bump the rear track bar relocation bracket dented the new rear shock, but just cosmetic.
-wwiifirearms

Quick Reply: 09 jk 3 inch lift ??????