Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

08 Unlimited Front Body Mount Replacements

Old 02-19-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Unlimited Front Body Mount Replacements

Hello,

I have the 08 Sahara JK Unlimited, and am in the process of installing the sway bar quick disconnects. The "park" pin that I need to install has a bracket that I have to put on the front body mounts. Here's the problem, I cannot get the nuts off the insulator mounts, either of them. The stupid little rubber bushing that is in there just twists, and prevents me from loosening or tightening them. The issue is, now, I have the bolts 1/2 off, and cant get them to turn either way any more. I've tried jamming something in there, vice grips (Stripped 2 pairs smooth), and an Impact Driver, nothing will get these mothers to loosen or tighten, and they've been soaking in PB Blaster for the past 5 days now, and nothing helps.

On to plan B...

Does anybody have any experience in replacing these Front Body Mount Insulators?
Does the ENTIRE body need to be removed if I cut the old ones off, and put new ones in, or can I just lift the front of the body enough to get the new ones in?

I'm wondering if this will be more difficult than i'm imagining....

Thoughts?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump.

Quick Reply: 08 Unlimited Front Body Mount Replacements