Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

08 jk front end

Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AEV draglink flip. Really easy install. Uses stock pitman arm and stock track bar for 3.5~4" lift.

It sounds "scary" to drill out the passenger side knuckle but is REALLY easy. (With a step bit)

I've run lifts up to 4" on other jeeps, grands, and never did high steer. I know understand what I've been missing!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

I have replaced my track bar with a jks adjustable bar and mounted it back in the factory mounting holes with bigger grade 8 bolts. Pitman arm is dropped but gonna put a stock one back on and try that.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08 jk max
I have replaced my track bar with a jks adjustable bar and mounted it back in the factory mounting holes with bigger grade 8 bolts. Pitman arm is dropped but gonna put a stock one back on and try that.
Your draglink and track bar need to be very close to parallel or you will end up with bump steer.
Why one JK or any other vehicle suffers more than another is a mystery. Seems the magic lift height is some where around 3" or more for this to happen.

When going back with stock pitman arm your draglink and trackbar will no longer be parallel. You might be okay....otherwise you need the flip kit or a dropped pitman.

I'm a big fan of flip kits now that I know how easy they are to install. I should have installed one on my old grands.

Let us know how it works out!

Quick Reply: 08 jk front end