Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

08 4dr Rubi - 35"s and questions...

Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 4dr Rubi - 35"s and questions...

I've read a ton of information on this board, and am vastly appreciative of it all.

That said, let me ask my questions more specifically and try to get an overall picture of how to do things right the first time around to get the result sI'm looking for.

I'd like to get my JK on 35"s using a minimum of lift. Moreso, I'd like to figure out how to minimize 'warranty' issues in doing so. (I'll have to check with my stealership overall on that, obviously...)

But my main questions:

2.5 - 3" lift should allow for clearance on 35"s. Now, I have 4.10s and intend to change to 5.13s based on all that I've learned around here. Are 5.13's the smart choice here for power and fuel economy on 35"s?

To keep the best ride (again, recognizing you're going to lose some comfort / durability with any lift, period.. ), what lift kit is my best option? If the Teraflex 2.5 BB with shocks will do it, then swell. If I should honestly consider something more expensive with more parts, then I'd rather drop the extra money upfront and be secure, as opposed to spending it later on repairs.

While I intend to offroad ( sand, mud, rock, trails, no one specific. ) as much as possible on weekends, it will still be a daily driver as well... so keeping things as comfy on road as possible with the best possible fuel economy (again, I recognize fully that I didn't buy this baby for economy and comfort... but maximizing those isn't a bad thing regardless. ) is basically a goal here.

Open the floodgates, bring on the info - there are too many knowledgable and outspoken folks around here for me to just go into this blindly when I have such resources available!

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

40+ views and no responses? o_O

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

A 3" lift clears 35's. My dealer told me I needed to stay under 4" of lift in order to maintain my warranty.
I would think you might have warranty issues by upgrading the gears. I'm running the stock 4.10's and don't have any complaints. However, I haven't been doing it all that long, so perhaps in time I will want to re-gear.
I have no idea what the best lift is.

Quick Reply: 08 4dr Rubi - 35"s and questions...