Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

@#$% body lift!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @#$% body lift!!!!

Ok, I installed my M.O.R.E body lift about a month ago and I am about to pull the damn thing off because of the shifting issues. Yes, I have followed WOLs write up on the trimming. Here is the deal my 08 6spd hates this thing. Grinds a couple times a day in 2,4,6 or R. Its worst when its cold out. It pops out of gear too if your hands not on it. I didn't have any issues till the body lift went on. So I'm getting a bit pissed by now. Ive been driving manuals for 12 years, I know what I am doing.

But issues is not the inner shift boot, its the INTERIOR shift boot. The thing shifts great when the interior shift boot is off. Has anyone else noticed this with a 1" body lift? Anyone make a different shift boot?

Thanks, just getting really annoyed.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

You are scaring me.....I have a PA 1" lift just sitting here waiting for me to put on.....but as it is 8 degrees outside it may be sitting there a while longer
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Some people don't have issues. Mine does. When I shift I can feel the rubber. It never really feels "engaged".

You can try and slide your body back like others have done.

And what's up with this horrible single digit weather?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Well, maybe it's more a factor of the cold weather rather than the lift...just a thought. I posted an almost identical issue here (but as stock...no lift)
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...manual+popping
and the thread on Duffy's post will bring you to where MANY others have noticed this issue too. The general concensus seems to be the inner shift boot material rigidity....and even worse stiffing up in colder weather....and a "bouncy" transmission all help to sort of "pop" it outta gear...usually while accelerating...least that's how I read it....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by PONCH
And what's up with this horrible single digit weather?

Yeah man im freezing here in new orleans too....... it must be in the 40's here.....

ive read about the shift boot causing problems with body lifts. does the rubber bunch up, or does the shift hit something inside, below the booth?

corey d

ps: still wating for the spyderlock pics.....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

You guys and my spyderlocks!!!!

Flat black is done on the wheel and the green he ordered (electric lime green) wasn't up to par. I also saw racer green and it just didn't have that POP! So he finally located neon green powder and we are waiting for chips to come in now.

Now onto the shifter. Its not the inner shifter boot. It feels perfect with the interior boot off. When driving if your hand is on the shifter you can hear a creeking noise. Try to slide your fingers under the boot in the lower gears and it's not happening. There is no room. Seems a little TO TIGHT to me.

Diagnosis, interior shift boot!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Anyone know where I can get a new interior boot?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Loosen up the bolts on the body lift...drive in reverse and slam on the brakes. The body will slide back on the frame a 1/4 inch and it will be a lot better.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Sounds pretty risky!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jvalason
loosen up the bolts on the body lift...drive in reverse and slam on the brakes. The body will slide back on the frame a 1/4 inch and it will be a lot better.
x2

this is the only solution !!!

Quick Reply: @#$% body lift!!!!