Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

**Rock Rails Advice?**

Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Rock Rails Advice?**

My lease on my 08 Sahara is almost up...and Im looking at getting a 2010 Mango Tango Sport with several options...just because thats the way the incentives rolled around...anyways trying to figure out what to do for rockrails...I have already pre ordered my lift kit a 4" kit and put a deposit on some wheels and tires 35x12.50x17s Mickey MTs...and the only real thing bothering me is the vulnerability of the rockers....are Rubicon rails okay or just go after market and if so does anyone have pics of the smittybilt rails or advice about them...? Thanks everyone!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Former Member

I would run your rubi rails

They are very strong from the factory

if not theres a ton of good options available, You need to decide on Body mount, frame mount or Tub mount,
Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Offroad Evolution. They require welding to the frame and are bada$$. Look no further.

FYI I wanted to attend the Cinco de Rocko event a couple of weeks ago, but Eddie specifically required sliders for that trip ... which means I had to miss out. :( Even if I had a *Rubicon* I still wouldn't have had the required gear.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by OnBelay
Offroad Evolution. They require welding to the frame and are bada$$. Look no further.

FYI I wanted to attend the Cinco de Rocko event a couple of weeks ago, but Eddie specifically required sliders for that trip ... which means I had to miss out. :( Even if I had a *Rubicon* I still wouldn't have had the required gear.
are you sure that doesnt count??
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

If you had a Rubicon, you would have been fine.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

dude if you have the stock rubi rails on that counts. i hammered on mine and they did a great job before i got my shrockworks sliders. which by the way i highly recommend.

Last edited by fish; 05-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
are you sure that doesnt count??
I could have misread it. The Rubi has rails, stock, I know ... anyway.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi

X2 Ive got em and they are very strong.

How they are mounted:

I'd recommend them.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Sorry for the confusion...I currently do not have rubicon rock rails but I have seen sets sell for $150 and I was wondering if this was a good investment or if it would be more worth my time to go aftermarket...I would like rock rails that are bolt on application...because I do a ton of wrenching on my jeeps and repainting with the snow and salt we get up here rust is inevitable...So from the general gist of things its looking like rubicon rock rails are my best bet...aftermarket applications are very expensive...but ive also heard you get what you pay for on rock rails...all thoughts/comments appreciated thanks again
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi

Like others have said, Rubi rock rails are fine. All boils down to what kind of wheeling you'll do. Tougher trails could require more protection. Fortunately I haven't put them to the extreme test. But I will soon enough. I just wanted a little more protection.
For most, Rubi rails are fine.

Quick Reply: **Rock Rails Advice?**