Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

$700 to spend at amazon.com on a stock Rubicon

Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question $700 to spend at amazon.com on a stock Rubicon

Hi all, I am 2 weeks into ownership of my 2008 Rubicon and have about $700 in gift cards at Amazon. They have a few brands of lifts, some bumpers, etc. Plus a lot of misc items that pop up in my searches every now and then. I haven't started ordering anything yet, so I thought I'd check with veteran jeep owners and see if there are any gems I am missing out on.

If you had a stock Rubicon (minus wheels and tires) what would you do with $700 on amazon?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rear bumper, might cost a bit more than the $700 though.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SCHLEPPN02
Hi all, I am 2 weeks into ownership of my 2008 Rubicon and have about $700 in gift cards at Amazon. They have a few brands of lifts, some bumpers, etc. Plus a lot of misc items that pop up in my searches every now and then. I haven't started ordering anything yet, so I thought I'd check with veteran jeep owners and see if there are any gems I am missing out on.

If you had a stock Rubicon (minus wheels and tires) what would you do with $700 on amazon?
Of course it really depends on your priorities and situation. I would do the following:

1. Recovery gear (tree saver, snatch block, snatch strap, shackles, winch) - you need to be able to get unstuck safely. Of course if you already have these items then I would look into
2. Lift and/or bumpers. I would make sure of what lift and tire size you want first then purchase it once.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say it depends on the ultimate goal for your Jeep, i.e. rocks, mud, expedition, weekend wheeler, etc... You can always put the money towards a winch, that's useful regardless.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Assuming you are a Prime Member? If not, you should do that and take advantage of better pricing on certain items along with FREE guaranteed 2 day delivery, sometimes quicker....

Then go from there I guess? There are a LOT of good things on Amazon for a JK, just pay close attention to the "Product Details" section. It will list the actual model or part number. Cross reference that to the actual manufacturer part or model number to ensure you are purchasing the right product.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I should add that I am a Prime member and I also have a decent collection of recovery gear, but no winch. This isn't my first Jeep, I had a ZJ with RE lift a few years back but I've owned Land Rovers since then. I have been thinking of the Smittybilt front bumper on amazon plus adding a winch, which would need some extra cash added to meet the higher total.

This is still my DD but I do plan on going offroad. First trip is in a week and a half, but I doubt the larger items would ship in time to install before I go. Offroad time for this vehicle will be half technical rocky trails and half beach since I spend half my time at the coast.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe get a cb and everything you need or maybe find some bilstein shocks... It's kind of tuff to guess what yoy need
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell the gift certificates and buy some EVO skids or rock rails.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

i would buy all the little nickle and dime stuff that strikes your fancy. $700 isnt enough to get any quality parts off Amazon.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get an arb fridge, they are 750 and amazon shipped mine really fast. One of my favorite mods to date.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply: $700 to spend at amazon.com on a stock Rubicon