Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

$25 Warn 19,000lb snatch block sale

Old 01-05-2016, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $25 Warn 19,000lb snatch block sale

Hey there, this seemed to be the most appropriate section to post this but if it is best fit somewhere else please let me know.

I recently purchased two snatch blocks new from an ebay store that currently has a sale on them at $24.48. They are usually $70-$80 so I jumped on them right away. I ordered them yesterday so can't say if it is too good to be true but they seem to be a credible store on ebay and actually have a lot of other warn products priced pretty low. I figured maybe somebody who is in the market would be interested in this deal.

Will report back when they arrive next week.

edit: I guess I should add the link, huh?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARN-INDUSTR...AAAOxyPepRkNCk

Last edited by albertmald9; 01-05-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

AEV announced a couple weeks ago that there were QC-reject wheels that had gotten into the wild and were being sold through various unauthorized outlets. I'd be wary of any winching component with a brand name bought from other than authorized dealers.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
AEV announced a couple weeks ago that there were QC-reject wheels that had gotten into the wild and were being sold through various unauthorized outlets. I'd be wary of any winching component with a brand name bought from other than authorized dealers.

Good point. Although I doubt that is the case with this store since they have lots of Warn and other products, I just sent Warn an email with a few questions regarding these snatch blocks, the seller, QC etc. If there is nothing alarming, I'm keeping them. Can't beat the price.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by albertmald9
Good point. Although I doubt that is the case with this store since they have lots of Warn and other products, I just sent Warn an email with a few questions regarding these snatch blocks, the seller, QC etc. If there is nothing alarming, I'm keeping them. Can't beat the price.
Sounds like a good plan.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

I find that usually things too good to be true are, especially in the retail market these days.

Warn has price setting (may be the wrong term) where their authorized dealers can't sell Warn products below their set price... When warn products go on sale you will see lots of dealers have the exact same deal.

So I doubt this eBay dealer is an authorized dealer and is the only one Warn gave permission to sell them below Warn's wholesale price. They could be stolen goods or knock offs or factory seconds that warn rejected.

Last edited by spicoli; 01-06-2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The eBay seller Midwest Service Closeouts buys stock from stores that close or go out of business for whatever reason. They are basically a liquidator. They usually buy the entire stock and turn around and sell off the remaining merchandise at pretty good prices. The longer it sits the lower the price goes until its gone. Chances are that is where they came from and I wouldn't worry but always good to make sure.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spicoli
I find that usually things too good to be true are, especially in the retail market these days.

Warn has price setting (may be the wrong term) where their authorized dealers can't sell Warn products below their set price... When warn products go on sale you will see lots of dealers have the exact same deal.

So I doubt this eBay dealer is an authorized dealer and is the only one Warn gave permission to sell them below Warn's wholesale price. They could be stolen goods or knock offs or factory seconds that warn rejected.
I'm aware of Warn's strict pricing guidelines - I believe that is why Zoro.com stopped carrying Warn winches. They were offering up to 30% off all items in stock - including Warn winches. They were very deeply discounted, below what Warn allows and all of a sudden Zoro stopped carrying them.

However, the seller I purchased from is a massive liquidation company selling tons of items in many departments, Warn items just happen to be one of the brands they carry. Some items they sell are labeled "factory second" or "scratch/dent" items. Warn items don't have such descriptions so my guess is it is just a liquidation of certain items. Further, they feature NAPA's pricing on a lot of their automobile-related items, including Warn items. My guess is they buy/sell/liquidate NAPA items.

A few months ago I was looking for an odd tool that my local NAPA showed was in stock (exhaust isolator removal tool) but when I arrived they couldn't find it. When they checked their system and saw that the tool arrived at that store over a year ago they said there is no way they still have it - they can't keep any single tool in their store for over a year. I'm not sure if that's true for NAPA stores across the board but if that is the case, I'm assuming they must liquidate or dispose of plenty of tools.

In any case, I emailed Warn and messaged the seller regarding these being defective (because I doubt they are stolen or knockoffs) and we'll see what they say. I doubt the neoprene winch covers they sell are defective.
FYI the store sells the snatch block at $44, they just have sale now for $25.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay.PNG
Views:	1041
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	633863  

Last edited by albertmald9; 01-06-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
The eBay seller Midwest Service Closeouts buys stock from stores that close or go out of business for whatever reason. They are basically a liquidator. They usually buy the entire stock and turn around and sell off the remaining merchandise at pretty good prices. The longer it sits the lower the price goes until its gone. Chances are that is where they came from and I wouldn't worry but always good to make sure.

Beat me to it lol

I was just hoping to help someone looking for a couple of quality snatch blocks for a great price. They also have Warn tow straps and other cool things to grab at a discount.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by albertmald9
I'm aware of Warn's strict pricing guidelines - I believe that is why Zoro.com stopped carrying Warn winches. They were offering up to 30% off all items in stock - including Warn winches. They were very deeply discounted, below what Warn allows and all of a sudden Zoro stopped carrying them.

However, the seller I purchased from is a massive liquidation company selling tons of items in many departments, Warn items just happen to be one of the brands they carry. Some items they sell are labeled "factory second" or "scratch/dent" items. Warn items don't have such descriptions so my guess is it is just a liquidation of certain items. Further, they feature NAPA's pricing on a lot of their automobile-related items, including Warn items. My guess is they buy/sell/liquidate NAPA items.

A few months ago I was looking for an odd tool that my local NAPA showed was in stock (exhaust isolator removal tool) but when I arrived they couldn't find it. When they checked their system and saw that the tool arrived at that store over a year ago they said there is no way they still have it - they can't keep any single tool in their store for over a year. I'm not sure if that's true for NAPA stores across the board but if that is the case, I'm assuming they must liquidate or dispose of plenty of tools.

In any case, I emailed Warn and messaged the seller regarding these being defective (because I doubt they are stolen or knockoffs) and we'll see what they say. I doubt the neoprene winch covers they sell are defective.
FYI the store sells the snatch block at $44, they just have sale now for $25.
didn't know the seller was a liquidator. Definitely a justified reason that it wouldn't be too good to be true.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

I've bought two Warn snatch blocks and I don't think I've ever seen on with a high weight rating for less than $80 or $90

Let us know when you get it...

Matthew

Quick Reply: $25 Warn 19,000lb snatch block sale