Notices
Modified Gladiator Tech The ultimate forum to get the latest news, updates, and discussions on the 2019 Gladiator!

After market ball joints

Old 09-25-2022, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After market ball joints

We have a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon on 37’s which is now experiencing a death wobble that requires a full stop to control.

I’ve read about the infamous bad out of the box steering box but ours isn’t yet on the recall list and I don’t think the box is the cause of the wobble.

In my previous JK’s, the ball joints will go with 37’s and will create the nasty wobble.

With that said, which aftermarket ball joints are recommended? I’m a Synergy fan in the JK world.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 403 Likes on 378 Posts

Have you confirmed that it is Ball Joints? 37s do stress much & many other factors can and do and contribute to Wobble.. I believe the Front axle is a Dana 44 just like the JLs not sure if it is the same as JKs.. If BJs; then go with what you believe are best for your rig; the way it is equipped.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Have you confirmed that it is Ball Joints? 37s do stress much & many other factors can and do and contribute to Wobble.. I believe the Front axle is a Dana 44 just like the JLs not sure if it is the same as JKs.. If BJs; then go with what you believe are best for your rig; the way it is equipped.
We’ve swapped out a few other components so I feel good about the ball joints being the culprit.

just wondering if there’s a preferred or recommended manufacturer in the Gladiator world.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Did you do the test to see how much play is in the joints?
Old 09-25-2022, 10:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

I had a terrible experience back in the day with Synergy and swore those off. I've had a set of DT's on previous front axle that I had to rebuild after about 40k miles if I recall (fun times). My current front axle has DTs in it as well, not due to my choosing, and I'm already not looking forward to ever rebuilding them. Personally, I'd go with RareParts if I had to buy BJs for 37s today, or I'd strongly take a look at and consider the BJ deletes that American Iron Offroad has out. I've looked at those fairly closely but have not done a 100% in-depth research on them as if I was going to purchase them. I've got a friend that had the RP BJs and they are a quality item from a quality company if you can look past the price tag. I've changed enough ball joints that I'd rather pay up than change them more frequently .
Old 09-25-2022, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Did you do the test to see how much play is in the joints?
I haven’t taken it apart to test, however it’s slowly progressed and with 37’s on the stock joints with 55k miles, they’d need to be replaced anyway.

Quick Reply: After market ball joints