Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

St. Louis Dealer Experience

Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
:/ All Stars? That's a heck of a name for a dealership...sucks to hear you had such a bad experience, but definitely glad you got it fixed! Did they end up replacing any of your ball joints I wonder?
Nope, the ball joints are still the same rusty ones. It looks like the lengthen the passenger lower control arm about a 1/2" longer than the driver side. They use to be the same length.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this information. Since Reuthers is no longer doing "warranty" work for Jeep, MWJT was recently approached by All Stars to be there "go to" guys for warranty work and other Jeep related issues. After hearing of your ordeal I am questioning the BOD decision and our relationship with them. Glad it worked out in the long run but sucks that they charged you for services rendered and not truly done.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MarvinMWJT
Thanks for posting this information. Since Reuthers is no longer doing "warranty" work for Jeep, MWJT was recently approached by All Stars to be there "go to" guys for warranty work and other Jeep related issues. After hearing of your ordeal I am questioning the BOD decision and our relationship with them. Glad it worked out in the long run but sucks that they charged you for services rendered and not truly done.

I found out this evening that All Stars ending up calling the independent shop that i do business with multiple times throughout Saturday to see what they did to the Jeep and to see if i returned the jeep to them. The independent shop told them the truth that it left their shop floor with an off camber issue and no death wobble, plus the Jeep never returned to their shop.

I just wonder who else All Stars ended up calling on Saturday because they did not know how to fix the issue until we went to get the parts.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man thats' really bad but I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of dealers like that. This is why its good that a lot of them were closed. Problem is a bunch of the good ones were the victims.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone had any experiences with Royal Gate on Manchester? I know Locked said he had problems with thier Columbia, IL location.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
Anyone had any experiences with Royal Gate on Manchester? I know Locked said he had problems with thier Columbia, IL location.
I think I will be trying them out to fix my ESP clockspring that All Star found out that needs to be replaced. At least the clockspring is covered under warranty.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skippman
I bought my Jeep there. That went well..

Other than that, no experience with them.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Best Place To Buy In The St Louis Area

MIGHT be looking to make a trade for a new Rubicon here soon,whats everyones opinion on which dealer is the best to deal with and why?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was Ruether's but

I have had no luck with the one in south county on Lindbergh they are rude.

Don't go to the one Rockstomper went to either, I think allstar, I don't know where it is.

Wiredog had a dealer he liked, pm him. I think it is illinois though.

Well I guess you won't be modding the silver one anymore huh?

Good luck Bro, let us know how it goes.

Red
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Royal Gate in Ballwin

I bought mine from Royal Gate in Ballwin on Manchester Rd. The sales people didn't seem to know very much about Jeeps since they haven't been selling them at that location for very long, but they did try really hard to get my business.

Quick Reply: St. Louis Dealer Experience