Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nebraska Here

Old 09-17-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, I drive by Doniphan once in a while on the way to my parents' house.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

belleview / offutt afb. purchased my jeep a month ago and loving it. So if you see a white jk, has 17" tires, suspension lift like a rubi (but it is not), "Eugene the Jeep" decals where the "X" used to be and SD plates (cheaper to register in SD) - that is me.

looking for some good off road riding to take the family out on. Any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

I am still rolling around in my stock red rock sahara...

The only things that I have really found around here are level b roads in Iowa. I am not too certain if there is anything in the Loess Hills. I always see that 'Loess hills scenic byway" commercial on TV, but I think that is all paved...such a bummer.

I don't think there is much around Omaha but a bit of mud
Old 09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jls8604
I am still rolling around in my stock red rock sahara...

The only things that I have really found around here are level b roads in Iowa. I am not too certain if there is anything in the Loess Hills. I always see that 'Loess hills scenic byway" commercial on TV, but I think that is all paved...such a bummer.

I don't think there is much around Omaha but a bit of mud
So i need some edumecation...

what are level b roads? i am new to Jeeping. Last time i was offroad was at the beach in california (orginally from ca). i have no desire (at this time) to rock climb or do any high threat items like that since this is a daily driver, monthly payment, and not currently equipped such as rock sliders and various other under armor stuff. jeep is stock and i have my wish list...with some of the more extravegant stuff for down the road.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Newbie

Level "B" roads are minimum maintenance roads in Iowa...I saw them all the time when I was out phesant hunting, but cannot remember where they are at now. I might borrow my brother sportman's guide to find them again. (Guide of all the roads in pottawattamie county iowa, including the level B roads)

They are quite sporatic around, they are basically a dirt road (no gravel or maintenance). When we get our lovely rains, they become quite muddy.

here is some information I found about pottawattamie county level b roads...

hxxp://www.pottcounty.com/pdf/Countycode/chapter-7_20.pdf#search=%22bl%22

I know that there has to be a trail somewhere in the loess hills, but haven't done much searching to find one since I have been extremely busy.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will have to check that out. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

where do your parents live? whats ur jeep look like ill keep an eye for ya
Old 09-22-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

My parents live in Blue Hill. I have a black unlimited.

If any of you are looking for a place to wheel or want to wheel with others, you should check out this group called Pioneer 4 Wheelers- http://pioneer4wheelers.org/

They started out in Lincoln but now have detachment clubs in other parts of the state. They do lots of get togethers and trail runs to various parts of the state and the rest of the country. For short wheeling trips they even have their own land south of Lincoln that they've converted into a 4x4 playground. Definitely worth checking out.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jls8604
I know that there has to be a trail somewhere in the loess hills, but haven't done much searching to find one since I have been extremely busy.
Timber Ridge Ranch is a place up by Castana, IA (maybe 2 hours north of Omaha off beautiful Iowa State HWY 183), but I inquired last year and they do not allow day passes. I was bummed. Some of the trail pictures make it look like a decent wheelin' location given the area in which we live.

http://www.peelout.net/
Old 05-18-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

omaha guy here. no posts since september in this thread???

Quick Reply: Nebraska Here