Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nebraska Here

Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You know I am.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Angie, are we the only ones here on this board from Nebr. now? Where did everyone go? Mikey's Rubi, Dewkin,OliverHazard
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NebRedrocker
Hey Angie, are we the only ones here on this board from Nebr. now? Where did everyone go? Mikey's Rubi, Dewkin,OliverHazard

..............HELLOOO?!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Figured out the noise. Its my front driveshaft. Guess I'll have to get new ones.
DARN IT!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
-

Hey Folks!!!!, Im still here. Not home yet but will be soon. (next Friday) Yee haw. I should have a nice pile of new parts in the Garage. My Jeep should be happy to have them.

Angbri------what are you going to do for driveshafts? I thought you said you had to wait till Christmas!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by huskerjk7
Hey Folks!!!!, Im still here. Not home yet but will be soon. (next Friday) Yee haw. I should have a nice pile of new parts in the Garage. My Jeep should be happy to have them.

Angbri------what are you going to do for driveshafts? I thought you said you had to wait till Christmas!

Well, remember when I said I was going in another direction? Instead of driveshafts, I decided I want axles. So this happening was just dumb luck.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still here although I don't check this mid-west thread too often. Right now I'm focused on figuring out or helping the dealership figure out what the really annoying rattle is that comes from the dash of my Jeep. So I've been reading up in other areas of this forum. Do any of you have that with you JK? I'll be taking mine back to the dealership for the 3rd time next week to have them figure it out. I intend to keep taking it back until they figure it out.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
-

Originally Posted by vs_jk
I'm still here although I don't check this mid-west thread too often. Right now I'm focused on figuring out or helping the dealership figure out what the really annoying rattle is that comes from the dash of my Jeep. So I've been reading up in other areas of this forum. Do any of you have that with you JK? I'll be taking mine back to the dealership for the 3rd time next week to have them figure it out. I intend to keep taking it back until they figure it out.

is it coming from unnder the driver's side of the dash? Could be the steering shaft problem that others have mentioned. Not sure if there is a tsb on it or not.....might be worth checking.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds as if it's coming from behind the center area where the radio and temp controls are.

I had the steering clunk very early on so I had the dealership put some 5th wheel grease on it and it hasn't happened since.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Just North of Fort Calhoun here - have had mine for almost 8 months now

Quick Reply: Nebraska Here